For the use of certain cookies we need your permission. To this end we use a so-called cookie banner.
- Types of cookies used and their purpose
We use the following types of cookies:
– Functional cookies: they are used for a better functioning of the website and making it more user-friendly for visitors. For example: we store your login data or the items you put in your shopping basket.
– Analytical cookies in anonymous form: these cookies make sure that an anonymous cookie is generated every time you visit a website. These cookies recognize if you have visited the site before. A cookie is generated during your first visit only, on subsequent visits the existing cookie is reused. This cookie only serves statistical purposes. It helps collect the following data:
- The number of unique visitors
- How often visitors use the site
- Which pages users visit
- The amount of time visitors stay on a certain page
- Which page users are on when they leave the site
– Analytical cookies: these cookies make sure that a cookie is generated every time you visit a website. These cookies recognize if you have visited the site before. A cookie is generated during your first visit only, on subsequent visits the existing cookie is reused. This cookie only serves statistical purposes. It helps collect the following data:
- Which pages you have visited
- The amount of time you have stayed on a certain page
- Which page you were on when you left the site
– Our own tracking cookies: they help us identify which other websites in our network you have visited, next to our own website. The profile built up as a result is not linked to your name, address and email address, but only serves to customise advertisements to your profile, making them as relevant for you as possible. For these cookies your permission is required. Therefore, without your permission, these cookies will not be placed.
– Third- party tracking cookies: these cookies track which internet pages you visit, with the purpose of building your personal profile. This profile is not linked to e.g. your name, address, email address and so on, as known by us, but only serves to customise advertisements to your profile, making them as relevant for you as possible. For these cookies your permission is required. Therefore, without your permission, these cookies will not be placed.
– Social-media related cookies: they are used by social media like Facebook and LinkedIn to register which articles and pages you share by using their sharing buttons. They can also contain tracking cookies that monitor your surfing behaviour on the web.
– Site improvement cookies: they are used to test different versions of a web page, in order to establish which page seems to be the best fit.
- Your rights with regard to your information
You have the right to inspect, rectify, limit and delete your personal data. In addition, you also have the right to object to the processing of personal data and the right to data portability. You can exercise these rights by sending us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. To avoid misuse, you may be asked to provide adequate proof of identity. When it concerns the inspection of personal data in connection with a cookie, we will ask you to attach a copy of the cookie in question. You can find them in the settings of your browser.
- Blocking and deleting cookies
You can easily block and delete cookies yourself, at any time, through your internet browser. You can also set your internet browser in such a way that you are notified whenever a cookie is being placed. You can also indicate that certain cookies are not allowed. For options please refer to the help section of your browser. If you delete the cookies in your browser, the smooth use of this website may be negatively impacted.
Some tracking cookies are placed by third parties offering you advertisements, e.g. through our website. These cookies can be deleted in general through www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Please be aware that if you do not allow cookies, we cannot guarantee a flawless functioning of our website anymore. Some functions of the website may be lost or, worst case, you will not be able to visit the website at all. In addition, refusing cookies does not mean you will no longer be shown any advertisements. It only means that the advertisements are no longer tailored to your interests and may even be repeated more often as a result.
Adjusting your settings can differ from browser to browser. If necessary, please go to the help section of your browser, or click on one of the icons below to directly access the manual of your browser.
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/nl/kb/cookies-verwijderen-gegevens-wissen-websites-opgeslagen
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=nl
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/kb/278835
- Safari on smartphone: https://support.apple.com/nl-nl/HT201265
- Safari on Mac: https://support.apple.com/nl-be/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- New developments and unforeseen cookies
The texts on our website can at any given time be altered due to ongoing developments. This also applies to our cookie statement. Therefore, please read this statement regularly to keep up-to-date with any changes.
In some cases, it is possible that third parties place cookies through our websites, sometimes even without our knowledge. In case you encounter unforeseen cookies on our website that are not listed in our overview, please let us know through email@example.com. You can also contact the third party directly and ask them which cookies they have placed, for what reason, how long the cookie will stay in place and in which way they have safeguarded your privacy.
- Closing remarks
From time to time, we shall need to adjust these statements, for instance when we adjust our website or when the rules regarding cookies change. You can visit this web page for the latest version.
In case you have any questions and/or remarks, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
30 October 2020